Re: [Gems-users] Cache access to cache message in the network

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:28:46 -0500
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Cache access to cache message in the network
See the in_port code for the mandatory queue.  That's where cache requests are converted to events.  See the actions like "issueGETS", etc., to see how outgoing messages are created.

...Greg

divya ramakrishnan wrote:
Hi,

Looking through the code, I am unable to find where the cache request (from address and request type) is getting converted to a cache message with the switch IDs as destinations. I basically am trying to figure out how the cache addresses are mapped to the banks and how the network knows where the final destination is. Could someone please point me in the right direction where I can find this?

Thank you,
Divya
University of Cincinnati

Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here.