Re: [Gems-users] Failed assertion loc != 1 in Cache Memory

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:31:13 -0400
From: Niket <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Failed assertion loc != 1 in Cache Memory
Yes, you are right. There is definitely is a bug in my protocol and I should be checking the tag before accessing the value.

I am trying to figure that out.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,
Niket

Javier Merino wrote:
Niket wrote:
Hi all,

I modified the MOSI_SMP_bcast_1level protocol to implement a CMP broadcast protocol. However, when I am running the tester, I am getting the following error.
Any clues ??

failed assertion 'loc != -1' at fn ENTRY& CacheMemory<ENTRY>::lookup(const Address&) [with ENTRY = L2Cache_Entry] in system/CacheMemory.h:469

It seems you're trying to access a field in the L2Cache entry for an
address not present in the cache. That is you have added an
"cacheMemory[address].whatever" (or L2cacheMemory[address].xxx) where
isTagPresent(address) is false. To find the offending line, you can
recompile the tester with "-ggdb", run it with gdb and get the calling
stack using gdb's command "backtrace" when the assertion fails.

Regards,
Javier Merino
Cheers,
Niket