Re: [Gems-users] About the bandwidth model inside GEMS and length unit of links

Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 22:39:13 -0400
From: Niket <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] About the bandwidth model inside GEMS and length unit of links

I'm quite sure that GEMS 2.0 with a bandwidth model for the links which I can find in Throttle.h[.C]. But for GEMS 2.1 with Garnet integrated, do you guys also model the bandwidth? Could anyone know about this model give me a pointer to that?
Limited bandwidth is modeled in Garnet. The FLIT_SIZE parameter defines the number of bytes/cycle that can cross a link.

I also have question about how you calculate the per-access power consumption for the links in the Interconnection Network. Currently you use fixed length for the wires, my question is really what is the unit of the length then?
You can find this information in Orion files. I just use the default length.

Niket