[Gems-users] extra parameters in ruby

Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 18:50:46 -0500
From: "Serkan Ozdemir" <s-ozdemir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] extra parameters in ruby
Hi,

I'm trying to pass two arguments (one string and one integer) from simics simulation environment to ruby.

I managed to do that easily in opal ##add your command in module/commands.py module/opal.c and system hfa.C##

but when I tried to do that in ruby it turned out to be more complicated.
    need to modify module/ruby.c; module/commands.py and simics/commands.C
    however unlike opal counterpart module/ruby.c seems to require a specific function to be called (just like ruby_dump_stats(.)) which needs to be detailed in simics/commands.C..

is there an easier way to do this? are there any missing steps in my ruby part.

Another problem is when I tried to pass the string from simics/commands.C or module/ruby.c to the respective part of the code I need to use it by defining it as a char * in xxx.C and extern char * in xxx.h and tried including xxx.h in module/ruby.C I started getting the compilation error (xxx=InputUnit_d in this case which is under /ruby/network/garnet-fixed-pipeline/ ):

    gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target `InputUnit_d.h', needed by `ruby.d'.  Stop.
    make[1]: *** [ruby] Error 2

I keep getting the same error even when I commented out every modification I made. Any ideas why this might be / or how to fix it?

Thanks,

_Serkan Ozdemir_