[Gems-users] Creating loads/stores that aren't stored in the cache

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:31:37 -0500
From: Philip Garcia <pcgarcia@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Creating loads/stores that aren't stored in the cache
hello,
I have a question concerning ruby. In my setup, I have a set of load and store instructions that I know are from stream accesses, and I don't want them to pollute the cache by saving them inside it (as they are unlikely to be accessed again anytime soon). However, these loads and stores could be located in the cache (as they're not to non- cacheable address). Is there any way to send hints along to Ruby to tell it to not save the values in the cache (I'm using a MOESI_CMP_directory_m protocol). If this isn't currently possible, does anyone know what I would have to modify to allow these non-cache loads/stores to operate properly?

thanks,
Phil