[Gems-users] Different processor frequencies

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:39:17 -0400
From: Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Different processor frequencies
Hi all,

I am trying to model DVFS inside GEMS. The way I was thinking of doing this was by changing the Opal and Simics interface to fetch instructions at different rates. My understanding of the interface is that Opal simulates a multiprocessor system by fetching one instruction at a time, in a round-robin manner, from the Simics interface from the processors that have active instructions. I wish to change this interface.

For e.g. if a processor is running at half the frequency of the other, in 2 iterations I will fetch instructions twice from the faster processor and once from the slower processor.

Can someone let me know if that sounds reasonable?

Cheers,
Niket