Re: [Gems-users] Transactional Memory

Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:57:55 -0500
From: Jayaram Bobba <bobba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Transactional Memory
Have you followed the steps indicated here...
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/gems/doc/gems-wiki/moin.cgi/TM_Workload_Setup

Specifically, are you calling set_transaction_registers()?

This should pass the max log size information to the simulator. Check
setLogBase in ruby/log_tm/TransactionVersionManager.C

Jayaram

Mishali Naik wrote:
Hi all,
I would like to run an experiment with Eager Version Management and Eager Conflict Detection. I have been getting this assertion failure:

"simics-common: log_tm/TransactionVersionManager.C:209: bool TransactionVersionManager::addLogEntry(int, int, Vector<uint32>&):
Assertion `m_logSize[thread] < (m_maxLogSize[thread] * 1024)' failed."

I traced through the code and I see that m_maxLogSize variable should get initialized here " m_maxLogSize[thread] = (int) SIMICS_read_register(proc_no, rn_g5); "
But the value for m_maxLogSize is 0 when the assertion fails.

It would be great if someone could point out what am I missing in configuring the experiment? Thanks in advance for your help.

- Mishali