[Gems-users] CMP - Parser Stack Overflow - Bison

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:13:06 -0500
From: Dinagar Raghunathan <draghuna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] CMP - Parser Stack Overflow - Bison

Hi all,

I had been using the protocol “MOSI_SMP_bcast” and I was working with it. But now, I want to use CMP for data prefetching.

While compiling ruby with  CMP protocols, I get the parser stack overflow error. On going through the previous mails in this group, I found out that installing Bison 2.x version would resolve the issue.

So I installed Bison 2.3 version [initially it was Bison v1.8]. But still I continue to get the below error for corresponding CMP protocols.

../protocols/MOESI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm:1468: parser stack overflow at MM

../protocols/MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm:1634: parser stack overflow at uu_profileMiss

../protocols/MOESI_CMP_token-L1cache.sm:1806: parser stack overflow at o_scheduleUseTimeout

Can you please help or give some hints on the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Dinagar