Re: [Gems-users] Opal0.init Segmentation fault when enabling Wattch

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:22:28 -0500
From: Wael Kdouh <waelkdouh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Opal0.init Segmentation fault when enabling Wattch
Greg when I tried to used gdb with simics the segmentation fault displayed the following:

[Switching to Thread 182910354336 (LWP 25927)]
0x0000002a9e435ca0 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace 3
#0  0x0000002a9e435ca0 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000002a9e320a33 in ?? ()
#2  0x0000000004dde670 in ?? ()
(More stack frames follow...)

As you can see there are no function names which makes it hard to trace. Let me know what you think.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can you run within gdb -- or attach gdb to the process after it crashes?  You may be able to figure out where the segfault occurs.  I doubt anyone will be able to debug this without more information.

...Greg