[Gems-users] benchmark workloads running on LogTM-SE

Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 16:57:22 +0800
From: ruzhu kao <kaoruzhu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] benchmark workloads running on LogTM-SE
Dear all
   I have modified LogTM-SE to make some optimizations after I read
some papers and reports on the characterizations of HTM. When I want
to evaluate the improvements, I encounter the problem that I don't
have these modified common used benchmarks such as splash2 or stamp
which could run on LogTM-SE correctly. I am not familiar with these
benchmarks. When I modified these benchmarks as the wiki on WISC's
website, I met a lot of errors and warnings. It really drives me mad.
I want to run the splash2 benchmark on LogTM-SE, however, I found all
the provided macros in splash2 are for some very old operating system.
I fear that it would take long time to implement a correct version
from scratch. It costs me a lot of time to modify, even worse is that
I can not guarantee the benchmarks' function are correct as I can not
verify the output results from these benchmarks until I ask some
specific experts. In the release of GEMS 2.1, the scripts indicates
the benchmark workloads were removed before published. Now I hope
someone could send me a copy of these benchmarks. If I have these
workloads, running these workloads on LogTM-SE can be treated as the
baseline for me to make optimization. I can  concentrate on optimizing
mechanism in the HTM to improve performance while not on modifying
these benchmarks. So I hope I can obtain some help from you.Thanks
very much for your helping.
    Any comments on porting these benchmarks will also be welcomed.
Thanks again.