[Gems-users] How to create a network that mimics an AMD64 system?

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:47:39 -0500
From: Edward Lee <edwl202@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How to create a network that mimics an AMD64 system?
Hi all,

I am trying to simulate a 8 socket, dual-core per socket AMD64 Opteron system. Since x86 support from GEMS is lacking/absent in Ruby/Opal I decided to go with the SPARC targets. CC protocol and the network is more important than the processor for my interests. So, I assumed I can come up with something close to what I need with the abisko target and adapted the AMD hammer protocol with it. However, I am not sure what to do for the HT links in an AMD Opteron system. Broadcast based network should be fine, so I am using the simple interconnect model provided by GEMS. So my questions are:

Is there any way to create 3 links per chip to connect to the neighbor chips (for 6 of the sockets) and 2 links (for 2 of the sockets) to connect to other chips using the default network model? Otherwise, would it be possible to create a similar environment using GARNET?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much.

Regards,

Ed