Re: [Gems-users] Private L2 Configuration

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:48:45 -0500
From: Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Private L2 Configuration
I don't think you need to change the standard_SMP-protocol.sm to standard_CMP-protocol.sm in the .slicc file. The SMP protocol simulates a multi-chip protocol. You can hack it to be a single CMP private L2 protocol by still simulating the protocol with multiple chips, but lowering the network latencies between the chips.

You might also want to look at adding directory caches at the directory node. Otherwise, all directory access incur the expensive memory latency.

Cheers,
Niket