[Gems-users] How to count "Privileged" instructions in Opal??

Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 00:54:01 +0200
From: David Bonavila <david.bonavila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How to count "Privileged" instructions in Opal??

Hi,

I am using GEMS 2.1 to simulate a CMP dual-core system, and I need to count the number of instructions executed in "Privileged Mode" (SuperVisor) and the ones executed in "User Mode".

I have found that each instruction has a "m_priv" bit, used to distinguish the mode of execution, and that this bit can be evaluated with the function "getPrivilegeMode()", but I don't know from where to call this function.

I need the total number of instructions executed in "Privileged Mode" at the end of the simulation, to be written to the stats file.

How could I get this done??

Thank you in advance!!