Re: [Gems-users] Choosing which Ruby coherence protocol to use...

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:06:33 -0500
From: Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Choosing which Ruby coherence protocol to use...
Yes you can. The DESTINATION flag which you are passing to the make when you are compiling a coherence protocol specifies the directory where ruby will be put. So, if I make PROTOCOL=MOESI_CMP_token DESTINATION=first_protocol, ruby will be in
GEMS_ROOT/simics/home/first_protocol. And then to simulate using it, you just point to simics in that directory. So, GEMS_ROOT/simics/home/first_protocol/simics. Similarly, you can compile the other protocol into a different directory. Then, depending on which path you specify, you will run with one or the other protocol.

Polina