[Gems-users] question about make request to the memory system

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 03:51:11 -0500
From: Guoqiang Yang <nkyangguoqiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] question about make request to the memory system
Hi there,

I was trying to understand the design logic of ruby system when making request.  When making a memroy request to ruby system, the request would first be sent by SimicsDriver, and the corresponding SimicsProcessor would finally be used to make the request. But in the SimicsProcessor member function makeRequest, I found a member variable Vector<struct CacheRequest>m_active_requests, and I thought this is used to record the requests made by this processor, am I right?

Another question: inside the member function makeRequest of SimicsProcessor, it seems that when the processor is about to make the request, it would try to find out whether there are any outstanding request. Since the state of previous request should not be in the state of "Serving", does this mean ruby doesn't allow to contigues request of the same address? Or I understand this part wrong?

Any advice is highly appreciated and thanks in advance,

Guoqiang Yang