[Gems-users] About Adding a new messge type to Slicc

Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 22:40:44 +0800
From: Il Son Lee <madusvan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] About Adding a new messge type to Slicc
Hi,all.
Recently when I begin to learn about the Slicc and try to modify the protocols, actually I find it a necessity to add a special type of message to satisfy my need.I see there are mainly 3 types of message defined in sm file: cachemsg, requestmsg,triggermsg, each of which relates to a network port(message buffer) and virtual channel, and different types of message has its own fields like Type, Size, etc.
I wonder what else should I modify to introduce in a new type of message, and should I care about the flit size, NI, or message package? Do the network and message passing mechanism strictly mimic the hardware in reality or just capture its function?
Any advice and tips will be appreciated! Thanks!
Best regards!
                                                                          Lee