[Gems-users] Hello, I'm new user about GEMS

Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:46:39 +0900
From: 조정욱 <jmanbal@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Hello, I'm new user about GEMS
Dear Gems User,

Hello, I'm conducting a research project on NUCA architecture.
So I used simics  and tried to modify simics code.
The simics version I used is 3.0.

Today, I know that the cache simulation the Simics support didn't save data.
I mean g-cache save just tag and main memory address.
Is it right??

I heard the Gems is able to simulate cache( absolutely NUCA ).
I wander the cache to support Gems save the data???

For exampler,
When cpu wants data, first check L1 cache and then L2 cache and finally main memory.
If the data exist in L1 cache, cpu receive the data from L1 cache.

plz explain in detail.

Thank you for consideration.

Best regards,
Jungwook