Re: [Gems-users] regarding opal simulation

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:23:32 -0500
From: Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] regarding opal simulation
Hi Sparsh,

I don't think I understand exactly what you are trying to do. Are you trying to use Opal without Ruby? In that case I think that you might be going down the wrong path. Opal is an out-of-order model that was written in Wisconsin to be run with Ruby. The primary goal was to simulate the memory system not the processor itself, therefore if you are doing michroarchitectural simulation, you might want to look for a more detailed processor.

Polina