[Gems-users] About CMP configuration and CMP snoop protocol

Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:22:26 +0900
From: 안정섭 <jeong.seob.ahn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] About CMP configuration and CMP snoop protocol
Hello.

I have two questions about CMP experimental environment.
I want to set single-chip multi-core system by using ruby.

First, I organized single-chip 16core system then the variables like below

g_NUM_PROCESSORS: 16
g_NUM_L2_BANKS: 16
g_NUM_MEMORIES: 16
g_PROCS_PER_CHIP: 16
g_NUM_CHIPS: 1

I think that the g_NUM_PROCESSORS mean total number of cores in this system.
Is this right?  If the answer is yes, then i think g_NUM_PROCESSORS and g_PROCS_PER_CHIP are always same in CMP enviroment.

Second, i want to use snooping protocol based on CMP, but GEMS does not support MOSI_CMP_bcast.
How can i use snooping protocl based on CMP

Thanks in advance.
J,Ahn