[Gems-users] Regarding gems module

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:45:11 -0400
From: sparsh mittal ISU <sparsh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Regarding gems module

Hello All,
For microarchitectural research I am doing, I would like to run opal module for sometime and then simics+ruby again should be running, so the opal module should not be called. Module unloading is not safe in simics, however it should not be called.
My experience has been that once I start opal, then timing model of simics becomes none. If afterwards, I connect simics timing model back, it allows so but simulation cannot continue. Here is the error:

Segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) in main thread
The simulation state has been corrupted. Simulation cannot continue.
Please restart Simics.
[cpu0] v:0x0000000010045cf4 p:0x00002c45cf4  cmp %g2, 1

Does anyone has some idea about how to solve this issue? I would be grateful for your suggestion. Although making a checkpoint and re-loading is fast (takes 1-2 seconds) and easy, however it is time-consuming for micro-architectural simulations.

--
Thanks and Regards
Sparsh Mittal