[Gems-users] problem loading opal

Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 17:08:22 +0530
From: Nitin Chaturvedi <ntnbits@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] problem loading opal
Respected sir
I am Nitin research scholar BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE, INDIA.
I am working on Multicore architectures and for that i am using SIMICS WITH GEMS for my PhD.
sir i am trying to work on Multifacet GEMS, although i have successfully compiled opal and ruby and also i hve successfully loaded ruby.
but i am facing few problems:

sir i have successfully simulated niagra-8 crore with 4 context using virtutech simics and i have checked all the individual g-cache statistics

1. i am using Niagra checkpoints created by simulating niagra on simics to load ruby module.........is it correct ?
2. ruby module is loaded but while loading opal its giving error like wrong register mapping....
3. when using Niagra+simics+ruby........i can perform simulation but i cant see the individual cache statistic(both L1 and L2).....i can see only single l1 and l2 stats
4. also i cant use less than and more than 32 processor while performing M-CMP simulation.
5. sir can you please guide me the correct method to load ruby and opal with previously created checkpoints.
6. sir i have gone through a lot of paper and your ppt slides(Multifacet GEMS) but i failed to start with GEMS.
7. sir i am unable to load opal because i dont have sarek diskimage and also i dont have simics lower version 2, is it possible to make checkpoint for sarek using simics 3 version

sir i need your guidance
thanks

with regards
Nitin