Re: [Gems-users] instruction count question

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:30:33 +0800
From: Jerry Lin <cosjerry@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] instruction count question
Thanks for reply.
I have some questions about this paper.
It said that this paper introduce small perturbations in memory sysytem timing to evaluate space variability.
I think that it implemented in the ruby/config/RubyConfig.h (memoryResponseLatency()).
If I remove the random() part, then will I get the deterministic simulated result?
But this result might draw an incorrect conclusion when comparing with other results?
And without the small perturbation in memory system, will the time variability still occur when simulating benchmarks?

Best regards!