Re: [Gems-users] How to get the Core id generating the L2 cache reference

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:44:29 -0600
From: Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] How to get the Core id generating the L2 cache reference
So, I took a quick look at it and I think there's already an id associated with an L1 request to L2. If you look at MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory-msg.sm and find RequestMsg structure, you will see that one of the entries is MachineID RequestorMachId.

Now, if you look at MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory-L1cache.sm, L1 makes a request to L2 by enqueuing it on requestIntraChipL1Network_out. When the request is enqueued, tha machineID of the particular cache is associated with the request lke so: out_msg.RequestorMachId := machineID;

Now, if you look at MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm, L2 receives messages from L1 on L1RequestIntraChipL2Network_in, so look for actions where L2 does:

peek(L1RequestIntraChipL2Network_in, RequestMsg) {

and there you can put a debug message or whatever it is you would like to do.

Polina