Re: [Gems-users] prefetch in opal

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:36:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Muhammad abid Mughal <mabidm_pieas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] prefetch in opal
hi,
    Opal implements both hardware(ie next line prefetcher for instruction cache) and software prefetch(prefetch_inst_t).But in ruby you can not differentiate b/w theses two because both prefetches use "PrefetchBit_Yes" when issued to ruby [ see OpalInterface::makePrefetch(....).]

But its easy to differentiate b/w these two.

Regards,
Muhammad abid