[Gems-users] cache to cache transfer

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:10:30 -0400
From: Meng Zhang <mz28@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] cache to cache transfer
Hi,
I have a question wrt the data transfer in a broadcast protocol. When a hierarchical switch is used to mimic the totally ordering bus, is the data also transmitting through the tree to the destination? I think yes, since I didn't see any direct links between L1 caches,  or between L1 caches and directories. So if I want the data transferred from cache to cache instead of going up all the way to the root, what should I do? I don't think I am allowed to create multiple switches for a L1cache and feel confused about how to implementing separate address network and data network. Can anybody give me some hints on this? Thanks a lot.

--
Regards,
Meng