Re: [Gems-users] Effect of OPAL_RUBY_MULTIPLIER on CPI

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:37:50 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Effect of OPAL_RUBY_MULTIPLIER on CPI
I agree -- this behavior seems odd. As I've said before, I'm no Opal expert, but I'll cover the basics before giving up:
1. Are you changing anything else? (Code or configuration?)
2. What workload are you running?
3. How are you deciding how long to run the simulation? sim-step something-or-other?

Regards,
Dan

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:43 PM, <ubaid001@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

While running simulations on OPAL + Ruby simulator , on increasing the OPAL_RUBY_MULTIPLIER value, the CPI decreases.
Since we make the memory system slower with a higher value of the multiplier, we expected an increase in the CPI. But that does not seem to be the case. Can anyone shed more light on this?