Re: [Gems-users] Cache structure configuration

Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:25:22 -0400
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Cache structure configuration
You'll need to build the ring topology by connecting switches together appropriately.  (Use file-specified network, or write your own topology generator.) If you're satisfied with shortest-path routing, the routing table will be populated automatically.  Otherwise, you'll need to set up your own routing table or otherwise adjust the routing of packets to match what you want.

...Greg

Jianghao Guo wrote:
I’m using Ruby to simulate different cache structures.

What I want is to configure the cache into 16 banks, and use a bi-direction ring structure to connect these 16

Banks.

It seems to me this is similar to Garnet, except we use ring structure instead of 2D mesh.

How can I set this configuration in Ruby?

Thanks