[Gems-users] Error when running Ruby with MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory protocol

Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:09:19 -0400
From: Weixun Wang <wewang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Error when running Ruby with MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory protocol
Hi list,

I compiled ruby with the protocol "MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory" since I need
a multicore architecture with each core having a private L1 cache and
all cores share a common L2. However, the execution gives the following
error:

wewang@ubuntu:~/tools/gems/ruby/x86-linux/generated/MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory/bin$ ./tester.exec -p 16 -l 10000
Parsing command line arguments:
  length of run = 10000
Ruby Timing Mode
Creating event queue...
Creating event queue done
Creating system...
  Processors: 16
failed assertion 'network_num < m_virtual_networks' at fn void
SimpleNetwork::checkNetworkAllocation(NodeID, bool, int) in
network/simple/SimpleNetwork.C:203
failed assertion 'network_num < m_virtual_networks' at fn void
SimpleNetwork::checkNetworkAllocation(NodeID, bool, int) in
network/simple/SimpleNetwork.C:203
At this point you might want to attach a debug to the running and get to
the
crash site; otherwise press enter to continue
PID: 16364

Aborted
wewang@ubuntu:~/tools/gems/ruby/x86-linux/generated/MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory/bin$

Other protocols, like MOESI_CMP_directory works fine. However, I found
it's using private L1/L2.

any help?

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,

Wang, Weixun

Department of Computer & Information Science & Engineering
Gator College of Engineering
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611
http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~wewang