[Gems-users] SPLASH-2 barnes input

Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 13:26:04 -0500
From: Byn Choi <bynchoi1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] SPLASH-2 barnes input
Hello-

I'd like to conduct a little survey. I'm trying to run SPLASH-2 barnes in a simics+GEMS environment, and I've been able to run up to 2048 bodies with a reasonable simulation time (2.5 hrs). Bigger inputs require longer simulation time as well as much larger overall memory footprint. This is still rather small compared to the input size used in the original SPLASH-2 paper (The SPLASH-2 Programs: Characterization and Methodological Considerations (ISCA'95)). So I'm wondering, how big of an input have you guys been able to use successfully?

Byn