[Gems-users] how to calculate the sharing access within the total memory accesses?

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:08:21 +0800
From: "shanshuchang" <shanshuchang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] how to calculate the sharing access within the total memory accesses?

Hi all,

I just want to make clear how the sharing miss account for the total memory access. I am using parallel benchmarks SPLASH-2. So I want to make clear the size of the sharing access of the total memory accesses. I have done some experiments like this:

1.       Construct a map< line_address, vector<coreID> >. When a core makeRequest() to the ruby module, call a function to sign the core number.

2.       After finishing the execution, check the map to see whether a memory access has been called by different cores. If yes, it is a sharing access, else, it is an individual access.

3.       Account the sharing proportion of the total memory.

However, the results shows that the sharing access account for >80%, which seems to be wrong.

So I wonder is there any advices for me to get the correct proportion the sharing memory accesses take.

Thanks in advances!

shuchang