[Gems-users] How to simulate victim cache on GEMS + Simics

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 01:11:50 -0500
From: Milind <Milind.Chabbi@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How to simulate victim cache on GEMS + Simics
Hi,

I am new to GEMS/Simics. I have installed GEMS and Simics as per the instructions given here : http://www.cs.wisc.edu/gems/doc/gems-wiki/moin.cgi on amd64_linux machine.

I ran into issues in loading opal, but ruby was loaded and run successfully. I assume I do not need opal for simulating caches.

I want to use GEMS to simulate victim cache ( in short ... store the L1 evicted line into L2) on CMP machines.

Please can you point me on how to configure a private L1 and a shared, banked L2 using GEMS ?

Also, please can you give me pointers to which source files to edit to incorporate my caching policies ( i.e victim cache).

Thanks
Milind