[Gems-users] How to migrate an executing simulation which has loaded ruby module?

Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:08:55 +0800
From: Sitos Lin <sitos.lin@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How to migrate an executing simulation which has loaded ruby module?
Hello:
  I am executing simulations to collect the memory access traces
(i.e., last-level cache miss traces) through ruby module. However, I
have to reboot the client computer which is displaying the xterm
session. Therefore, I want to save checkpoints through
write-configuration command and load it after rebooting. However, the
configuration files can not be loaded directly due to the ruby module.
I have read the forum and found that I have to remove ruby0 parts in
the configuration files. But, by doing so, there is no ruby module in
the simulations after I load the configuration files. Since there are
a lot of cache states related to trace collection, such as the content
in caches, and the start time of cache simulation. Can I just load
ruby module again after loading the configuration files? Are the cache
states still there after I load ruby module again? If not, how can I
keep the cache states to migrate the executing cache simulation?
Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
  Sitos