[Gems-users] Pset_bind() in Solaris

Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 09:18:20 +0430
From: Hamid Reza Khaleghzadeh <khaleghzadeh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Pset_bind() in Solaris
Hi all,

I have a question about pset_bind in Solaris10. I modified Gems where
logs all memory requests along with threadID that makes the request. I
wrote a single thread applicaion, and bound this application to core
2.
I found a problem in the trace file of the application. I expect that
only the thread of my application is mapped on core 2, but thread 0 is
mapped on core 2, too.
Could you tell me how this happened?
By the way, I think thread 0 is OS. With this assumption, does thread
0 that mapped on core 2 do some things for thread of my application?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

--
Hamid Reza Khaleghzadeh