[Gems-users] what does the 'may_stall' bit mean in memory transcation?

Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 10:38:32 +0800
From: "huangyongbing" <huangyongbing@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] what does the 'may_stall' bit mean in memory transcation?
When I try to dump all the memory requests coming from the simics in SimicProcessor, I find that there are so many continous requests which access continous physical addresses and their may_stall attributes are sent to '0'. However, the running benchmark doesn't access continous addresses. In the following procedure, requests with cleared may_stall attribute are returned immediately and not sent to cache.

Thus, what does the 'may_stall' attribute mean in memory transcations?

Thanks for advance.

2011-05-13

--Yongbing Huang