[Gems-users] question about pset_bind()

Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:06:16 +0430
From: Hamid Reza Khaleghzadeh <khaleghzadeh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] question about pset_bind()
Hi all,

I introduced a problem with pset_bind() in the last post. I think thread 0 is OS that does memory requests of user threads. Now, I have another question. Suppose there is a thread that bound to cpu 2 by pset_bind (I called this thread MyThread). If MyThread requests a memory access then thread 0 will respond to it. May thread 0 that responds to memory request of MyThread be mapped to another cpu except cpu 2?

Hi,

I have question about pset_bind() in Solaris. If possible please answer me.
I have written a pthread application that contains two threads. Two psets was defined in this application and each thread of the application is bound to one of the defined psets. I have added a profiling facility to gems that logs address of all accessed memory requests along with ThreadID that issues that request.
After reviewing the log file, I found that another thread (It's threadID is 0) was mapped to the defined psets. For example, Cpu2 and Cpu3 was defined as a pset and one thread of my pthread application was bound to this pset. After reviewing the application log file, I understood that thread 0 is mapped to the pset, too. We know that every thread must be mapped to a pset by pset_bind() and I have not mapped thread 0 to the pset. Could you tell me why this happened?

Thanks.

--
Hamid Reza Khaleghzadeh