[Gems-users] about the maximum supporting tango cores in simics

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:40:00 -0400
From: sheng ma <mashnudt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] about the maximum supporting tango cores in simics
Hi All, I met with the following problem when using the FeS2 simulator, and I think since the GMES also utilized the simics for functional simulation. So, I also post the problem here, and hopefully someone can help me.
In particular, the problem is about the maximum supporting processing cores of tango type in the simics.
Thank you in advance!

Hi all,
    Recently, I want to simulate a 64-core computing platform.
    First, I change the tango-common.simics configuration script in FeS2/simics/FeS2-workspace/targets/x86-440bx directory, and add one sentence as $num_cpus=64 in it.
    Then, I start a simics instance by using the modified tango-common.simics configuration script.
     I expected it should simulate a 64-core platform. However, when I login into the virtual machine, and utilized the cat /proc/cpuinfo command, I find that there are only 32 processing cores in the virtual machine.
     Is there any mistake with my procedure? Or is there a maximum supporting cores for the tango machine in the simics? The edition of the simics is 3.0.31.
     Thank you very much!

     Bests,
     Sheng