Re: [Condor-users] Communication problem

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:30:07 +0100, dautret <dautret@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On previous mails, I saw that multiple masters could be installed on
> the same machine:
>
> >> is it possible to have multiple condor masters on the same machine?

oh this is indeed completely possible, the question is why do you want
to (as I said there are a few legitimate reasons) I just don't see why
you want to...perhaps I am missing some OSX foible that would preclude
running them all together thus necessitating the split.

> We did this for our configuration. On the xserve, ve have several
> sessions, one for the manager (DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, NEGOTIATOR,
> COLLECTOR) and others for the submitter (DAEMON_LIST = MASTER,
> SCHEDD). I thought that it was possible to configure the cluster like
> that. Have I to use only one submitter-manager instead of one manager
> and ­ submitters ?

There is no requirement to do so, you will simply find it much easier
to configure and control if it is all under one roof so to speak...

Matt