Re: [Condor-users] condor on windows server 2003

Bryan,

I have the following in my condor_config file:

	VM1_USER = MYDOMAIN\CONDOR
	EXECUTE_LOGIN_IS_DEDICATED = TRUE

According to Collin, making the login dedicated allows condor to assume all processes in that user context belong to the job and can be managed accordingly.

Right.

By consequence, jobs vacated by VM1 would kill jobs run by VM2.

Not exactly. VM1_USER is defined as MYDOMAIN\CONDOR, but VM2 is undefined, meaning it will use condor-reuse-vm2. If you said,

VM2_USER = MYDOMAIN\CONDOR

then Condor would behave as you described.

Colin