Re: [Condor-users] Job state DONE ?

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Oliver Hotz wrote:

> Do we currently have a way to set the state of a job to done ?
>
> I want the job to stay in the queue when its finished, currently I just do
> that with the exit_on_hold = true.. but.. it would be nice to have an actual
> DONE state.. is this currently possible ?

Jobs enter the C(ompleted) state when they finish. Usually, they leave the
queue immediately afterwards, so you rarely see jobs in the C state when
you do a condor_q. However, you can make jobs stay in the queue when they
finish with the leave_in_queue attribute in your submit file. You specify
a boolean expression (which can be as simply as 'True') that Condor
evaluates when the job complets. If it evaluates to True, the job is left
in the queue. Condor re-evaluates the expression periodically thereafter.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |