From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Chesal
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 10:47 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: RE: [Condor-users] Job state DONE ?

> > Do we currently have a way to set the state of a job to done ?
> >
> > I want the job to stay in the queue when its finished, currently I
> > just do that with the exit_on_hold = true.. but.. it would
> be nice to
> > have an actual DONE state.. is this currently possible ?
>
> Jobs enter the C(ompleted) state when they finish. Usually,
> they leave the queue immediately afterwards, so you rarely
> see jobs in the C state when you do a condor_q. However, you
> can make jobs stay in the queue when they finish with the
> leave_in_queue attribute in your submit file. You specify a
> boolean expression (which can be as simply as 'True') that
> Condor evaluates when the job complets. If it evaluates to
> True, the job is left in the queue. Condor re-evaluates the
> expression periodically thereafter.

If I said:

leave_in_queue = True

The all my completed jobs would show when I did condor_q, but with a
state of "C". Is that statement correct? So I would need to manually
clear the queue when the cluster was complete by running "condor_rm
-const JobStatus==4". Is that correct? This could actually be kind
useful...

- Ian