Re: [Condor-users] environment variables

Hi Mike,

Here's the relevant section in the manual
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/2_5Submitting_Job.html#SECTION00355000000000000000

Cheers,
-Aditya

Michael Thon wrote:

Greetings - I am new to condor and I'm setting up a small condor pool in our lab to run some life science software (blastall for starters) For now I am setting up condor to run standalone on one linux box. blastall requires two environment variables to be defined. when I submit a blastall job to universe vanilla the job runs as my userid but these variables appear to be undefined, although they are defined when I run the program on the command line. Do condor jobs have the full runtime environment of the user they are running as?

Another question: if the userid of the submitter does not exist on the execution node, then will jobs run as user nobody or as condor?

thanks
Mike