RE: [Condor-users] submit machine for multiple users

> Actually one is usually distributed with condor. Look in the
> 'examples' directory, which is usually found in the 'etc'
> directory of your Condor installation.
>
> The file is condor.boot. We simply copy that to
> /etc/init.d/condor and then run chkconfig as apropriate.

We have found a few (minor) problems with this file and so amend it
accordingly:

[BTW: we link /opt/condor to the current version we are using so that we
don't need
 to change the profile.d or init.d files when we install other versions]

1. We change the 1st chkconfig line to

# chkconfig: 345 90 99

so that run levels 3, 4 and 5 are covered.

2. condor_master needs CONDOR_CONFIG to be setup before it runs, and
although we
   have this setup in /etc/profile.d/condor.sh, this isn't always sourced
before the
   rc.d scripts. We therefore add the following lines:

CONDOR_ROOT=/opt/condor
export CONDOR_CONFIG=$CONDOR_ROOT/etc/condor_config

And change the MASTER line to:
MASTER=${CONDOR_ROOT}/sbin/condor_master

3. Sometimes (probably when condor detects a previous installation), the
MASTER
   line is /usr/local/... instead of /opt/condor/... above change fixed
this.

4. Make sure you make /etc/init.d/condor executable.

JK