[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Condor-users] submit machine for multiple users
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:08:09 +0100
- From: "Kewley, J (John)" <J.Kewley@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [Condor-users] submit machine for multiple users
> Actually one is usually distributed with condor. Look in the
> 'examples' directory, which is usually found in the 'etc'
> directory of your Condor installation.
> The file is condor.boot. We simply copy that to
> /etc/init.d/condor and then run chkconfig as apropriate.
We have found a few (minor) problems with this file and so amend it
[BTW: we link /opt/condor to the current version we are using so that we
to change the profile.d or init.d files when we install other versions]
1. We change the 1st chkconfig line to
# chkconfig: 345 90 99
so that run levels 3, 4 and 5 are covered.
2. condor_master needs CONDOR_CONFIG to be setup before it runs, and
have this setup in /etc/profile.d/condor.sh, this isn't always sourced
rc.d scripts. We therefore add the following lines:
And change the MASTER line to:
3. Sometimes (probably when condor detects a previous installation), the
line is /usr/local/... instead of /opt/condor/... above change fixed
4. Make sure you make /etc/init.d/condor executable.