Re: [Condor-users] DAGman

On Thursday 29 July 2004 04:43, Sandy Spence wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Does anyone out there have a simple job I can run as a DAG test?

Sandy,

Below are the contents for a "trivial" dag which you can run
with:

condor_submit_dag -f x_subdag_basic.dag

It contains a single node which passes a value to the Post Script
for the node which promptly sees and ignores the error thus passing the node.
It is not very interesting but shows the basic structure of a simple Dag.

I don't know if this is what you had in mind.

Bill Taylor
Condor Team

---------------------------

x_subdag_basic.dag

Job     NODERET         x_subdag_node_ret.cmd
Script PRE NODERET     ./x_subdag_premonitor.pl
Script POST NODERET     ./x_subdag_monitor.pl $RETURN

------------------------------

x_subdag_node_ret.cmd

Executable              = ./x_subdag_node_ret.pl
Universe                = vanilla
Log                     = x_subdag_node_ret.log
Notification            = NEVER
getenv                  = true
output                          = x_subdag_node_ret.out
error                           = x_subdag_node_ret.err
Queue

---------------------------

x_subdag_node_ret.pl

#!/usr/bin/perl

# intentionally return an error from node
print "Returning error from test job\n";
exit(3);

x_subdag_monitor.pl

#!/usr/bin/perl

my $stat = 0;
my $returnval = shift;
print "Node status passed in is $returnval\n";
# ignoring the error return means node runs successfully