From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Erik Paulson
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 2:35 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] dropping support for some Condor platforms

Hello -

In upcoming Condor releases, we hope to drop support for several platforms,
and would like to gage reaction from our user base before we go ahead and do
so.

We do not believe that removing support for Solaris 2.6 or 2.7 on SPARC, or
Digital UNIX 4.0f, or HP-UX 10.20 will impact our user community - all of
these operating systems are several revisions behind (in fact, some have
been completely end-of-lifed by the vendor) and are causing us quite a bit
of difficulty to continue to maintain. We expect that most if not all Condor
users have already migrated to more modern versions of Solaris, HP-UX, or
Tru64.

In the near-term, we do expect to release versions of Condor for Linux on
AMD64, Fedora Core 2 on x86, and HP-UX 11.11 on PA-RISC.
Solaris 10, FreeBSD on x86, and Linux on PowerPC are also likely.

Please let us know if removing these platforms presents a problem for, or if
there are any platforms that we should be supporting.

Thanks!

-Erik