RE: [Condor-users] a vanilla job

I tried some of your alternatives.

Interesting how the Condor parse finds differerent excuses for each
of your attempts.

I see 2 problems:

1. The end string probably needs the date +%s quoted together.
2. Condor doesn't appear keen to pass quotes through.

I tried 2 alternatives:

A. also pass an environment where DATE_STRING is the full date command line,
   but I failed to work out how to refer to it in the ARGUMENTS line.

B. Use the following:
executable = /bin/date
arguments = +%s

This works! :-)

Alternatively, if that isn't suitable, you can always put the
/bin/sh line into a 1 line shellscript and pass that shellscript
across (on the assumption that /bin/sh is already on the other machine - it
might even save you some execution time!)

JK