RE: [Condor-users] condor 6.6.5 install problems

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandy Spence [mailto:axs@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 30 June 2004 13:48
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] condor 6.6.5 install problems

Hi All,

I am trying to install the condor- 6.6.5-linux-x86-glibc23-dynamic-1.i386.rpm as instructed in the manual, this appears to fail.

Can anyone supply a coherent set of instructions?

My OS is RH9.

I have created a user condor ,

run rpm -i condor........rpm

all the binaries appear to have root ownership.

Help, or am I being stupid and missed something from the manual installation instructions?

The same thing happened to me when I did it.

After installation, I just go to the installation directories and

do appropriate chown/chgrp to set things to Condor.

Does anyone know if this is being fixed in 6.6.6 ?

JK