RE: [Condor-users] Forcing condor to re-use directories?

Much simpler (though hacky solution)

Make a networked storage area available to the condor users (this may involve further hackery with net use in bat files depending how secure you wish to be) and place the files there

Either work directly over the network (if it's fast enough for you)

or

Make a temp area available on every machine you will run on which is writable to any local user
Again in a bat file check if the data is already copied (beware - ensure that the copy fully completed - remember that the process may have been pre-empted / killed / running on another vm at the same time, in which case you will need to lock on a local file)
if not perform the copy.
Call whatever exe you wanted to.

Note that this approach normally requires using an alternate batch file as the exe and transferring the script / exe you were going run as an additional file.

Unless your farm is homogenous and controlled by yourself entirely you will want to add an additional flag to the machine class ads to indicate they have the requisite space and access to allow this and add it to the requirements of your jobs.

As I said this is very hacky and certainly carries security concerns but will get it working very fast.

A facility on condor to locally cache specified files as needed / able based on avail disk space would be nice

Matt