[Condor-users] Windows XP Java Universe Problems

Hi,

I'm having problems with the Java Universe on Windows XP (SP1), running Condor
6.6.2

We are using Sun's JRE 1.4.2_03, which is installed as part of our XP
installation.

I have added the following line to the Condor_Config file:

JAVA = "C:\program files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\java.exe"

And re-distributed the Condor_Config file to our Windows XP workstations.

>From a submit node, when I type "condor_status -java" I get a list of all the
w/s that have been updated to include the Java Universe.

To test the Java Universe I tried the following example:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/2_8Java_Applications.html

I submitted example 2.8.1 to our Condor pool, the job started to run for about
5 seconds, and then went into a state of "idle" and just stopped running.

Has anybody seen this before on the Java Universe on Windows XP?

If I run a Java job from a batch program using the Vanilla Universe, then that
works fine.

Many thanks,

Chris Tottle
Principal Consultant - Technology