Re: [Condor-users] Condor Glidein question

I would like to use glidein to run my application on a globus resource, Do I need to have globus installed on my submitting machine also? How can I check if I have my correct DN on the Condor Gridftp server for the glidein to work?

As of condor_glidein in Condor 6.7.1, you only need Condor-G to be functional on the submitting machine. Since Condor-G has the necessary Globus support compiled into it, you don't necessarily need to install Globus separately. However, you will need a valid grid proxy certificate (e.g. created by Globus utility grid-proxy-init) and you will need /etc/grid-security to be set up, so if you don't know how to achieve both of those without doing a Globus installation, I recommend getting Globus installed.

Also as of condor_glidein in Condor 6.7.1, you do not need to be registered for access to the University of Wisconsin Condor gridftp server. Even if you are operating in a version prior to 6.7.1, you can copy the glidein tarballs to your own gridftp server. See information here:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/glidein/

--Dan