[Condor-users] Suspended --> Retiring transition

As an experiment, I was trying to simulate the transition from Suspended
to Retiring, but couldn't get it to work.

I have specified the following in condor_config:

START = True         # make sure that the job starts
WANT_SUSPEND = True
SUSPEND = True       # get into the suspended state immediately
CONTINUE = False
PREEMPT = True       # should trigger the Suspended->Retiring state?
MaxJobRetirementTime = 3600

Basically, the job stays in the suspended state and never moves to the
Retiring state. What's wrong?

Thanks you.

Jimmy Choi
Software Engineer